On Sat, 21 Aug 1999, Sebastian L C Goh wrote:

>      Hi everyone,
>
>      I am trying to learn about Linux and got myself a copy of Mandrake
>      Linux 6.0.
>
>      Unfortunately, I don't have the right CD-ROM for it. I have a ACER
>      ATAPI 40X CD-ROM and when installing, it is not in the list.

It should be detected as an IDE drive, all those others are for non ide
non scsi drives requireing a custom driver. Does the bios identtify the
drive at boot up? no? find out what ide chain it's on my guess would be
it's connected to an isa/pnp type sound card with onboard controller.

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon