----- Original Message -----
From: Ripcrd6 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 1999 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] RealPlayer G2 and MP3 problems ... now sound in
general

> Manny, I have a card just like yours (Aztech Snd Galaxy 16). I could never
> get it to play nice with Linux so I removed it and put it in another PC.
> Mine had a jumper to set the card to use the EEPROM settings for the card,
> which I assumed was to turn off PnP.   I tried this and saw no change.   I
> probably tried every jumper setting and sndconfig setting combination
> possible and it would not work.   I put in a used Creative Sound Blaster
16
> and in a minute had it working under Mandrake 5.3.
>
> If you ever get it working let me know how as I am sick of playing with
it.
> By the way the old Panasonic CD drive I had attached to the card gave up
> the ghost.
> Brian
> "My God, it's full of penguins!"

When I use sndconfig, it tells me that it does not detect a PnP or PCI card,
so I enter the I/O and IRQs myself.  I never bother with the jumpers at all.
On another note, my original CD-ROM drive dies before I ever did my first
install of Mandrake, but I have since replaced it with one that does not
attach to the soundcard except for the one wire for sound (which I had to
juryrig).

Manny Styles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
---