Petey wrote:

> I've got a quick question I couldn't find the answer for in my Linux book.  I
> have a 16.8 GB hard drive.  Will I need to create 2 - 8GB partitions or can I
> create 1 - 16GB partition?  I've never worked above 4GB partitions, so this is
> new territory for me.  Thanks for the help.

With a drive that big, you really want to create 3 partitions (at the
MINIMUM).  First, your swap partition.  Second, a partition you'll mount
as /boot.  The last will be your / (root) filesystem.

The reason for a separate /boot partition is so you don't ever run the
risk of having the kernel installed higher than cylinder 1024 on the
drive.  Life is ALOT easier if you plan ahead.

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator