----- Original Message -----
From: DJ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 1999 2:37 PM
Subject: [newbie] upgrade

> Hello all
>
>  It looks as if i missed something when i upgraded from 5.3 to 6.0 !!:)
> I can no longer telnet in? I get an error in /var/log/secure of a
> missing /usr/sbin/in.telnetd and sure enough it isnt there!:) How do i
> create it or what new file do i point /etc/inetd.conf to?
>

> Thanks DJ

Speaking as someone who tried to upgrade from 5.3 to 6.0, it is not a good
idea at all.  Because Mandrak strives to stay compatible with RedHat, they
had to institute the same changes in the system that RedHat did.  That said,
your current problems could be just the beginning, even though your system
may seem stable for the most part.  I hope you have /home on a separate
partition, because a fresh install is what you really need.  Don't forget
the updates once you complete the install.

Manny Styles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
---