ftape is a driver package, It's part of the LM6.0 dist.

I have a colorado jumbo 350 at home and I'm also having trouble getting
it to work (clams /dev/ftape is not a device in the /dev, but it is). I've not
taken any  time to figure it out though. I'll look into this tonight and see
what I can come up with.

--
Brett Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]