HELP!  I am trying to install the krecorder program to do some simple recording
to a wave file.  The problem is that the precompiled one I downloaded crashes
with a segmenation fault.  The autor must have expected that because he say
just recompile the source code in the tar.

The makefile failes when it looks for a QTDIR enviroment string.  I take my
best stab at creading it by typeing:

QTDIR=/usr/include/qt
exprot QTDIR
printenv

Then the compiler spits up on all the QT header files!  I go looking in the
Makefile and I find:

-I$(KDEDIR)/include -I$(QTDIR)/include  -I/usr/X11R6/include

 and later

LDFLAGS = -L$(KDEDIR)/lib  -L$(QTDIR)/lib  -L/usr/X11R6/lib \

when I go back to the begining of the comple I found out that the make file
feed the compiler /user/include/qt/include!?! That doesn't exist.

Question 1:

So where is the QT lib in Mandrake-Linux?  I know the headers are in
/user/include/qt but I also know there isn't a lib in /user/include/qt/lib.

Question 2:

Am I going to have this problem whenever I compile a KDE app?  Is the QT
"stuff" in an unusual place in Red Hat/Mandrake?

Thanks,

PBen