On Sat, 28 Aug 1999, Paul Benjamin wrote:

> HELP!  I am trying to install the krecorder program to do some simple recording
> to a wave file.  The problem is that the precompiled one I downloaded crashes
> with a segmenation fault.  The autor must have expected that because he say
> just recompile the source code in the tar.
>
> The makefile failes when it looks for a QTDIR enviroment string.  I take my
> best stab at creading it by typeing:
>
> QTDIR=/usr/include/qt
> exprot QTDIR
> printenv
>
> Then the compiler spits up on all the QT header files!  I go looking in the
> Makefile and I find:
>
> -I$(KDEDIR)/include -I$(QTDIR)/include  -I/usr/X11R6/include
>
>  and later
>
> LDFLAGS       = -L$(KDEDIR)/lib  -L$(QTDIR)/lib  -L/usr/X11R6/lib \
>
> when I go back to the begining of the comple I found out that the make file
> feed the compiler /user/include/qt/include!?! That doesn't exist.

s/\$\(QTDIR\)\/include/\$\(QTDIR\)/
s/\$\(QTDIR\)\/lib/\/usr\/lib/

If that doesn't make any sense just ask...

> Question 1:
>
> So where is the QT lib in Mandrake-Linux?  I know the headers are in
> /user/include/qt but I also know there isn't a lib in /user/include/qt/lib.

qt libs are in /usr/lib, includes are in /usr/include/qt

> Question 2:
>
> Am I going to have this problem whenever I compile a KDE app?  Is the QT
> "stuff" in an unusual place in Red Hat/Mandrake?

Yes redhat places qt includes in /usr/include/qt instead of /usr/include
because they weren't fully satisfied with the Licenseing.

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon