Santiago,
I too have the CMI8330 soundcard, detected and wresteled for days trying to
get it to work. I have had no luck either. When I posted here, no one
answered. I don't know if that's because no one knew what to do or had tried
the card. I'll let you know if I conquer this, but so far, even the Internet
Linux support groups have been quiet on advice....

Steve