When you're at the DiskDruid you will need to change the partion types
from dos to ext2 filesystem (for your Linux partitions).  You can do
this within DiskDruid.  You may want to change partitions sizes and
number at that time.  As a minimum you will need about a 64 to 128 Mb
swap partition and at least one partion for mounting '/'.  Note, your
swap partition cannot exceed 128 Mb.

There's more to designing an individuals file system than this but a lot
is up to individual taste and needs.  Check your hardcopy documentation
with the MacMillan distribution to see if it gives you an overview of
filesystems.

Ken Wilson
First Law of Optimization: The speed of a nonworking program is
irrelevant
(Steve Heller, 'Efficient C/C++ Programming')