"Richards, Donald D." wrote:

> You're using a rather large disk, like I am, and the installation
> documentation refers to the need to have the starting starting cylinder of
> the root partition under a certain number (I think it was either 1024 or
> 2048, but it's in the documentation).  This could be your problem, given the
> size of your first partition...

Don,
You have the right idea, but in this case, you may be in error.  I doubt
that
fdisk or Disk Druid would prevent you from setting up the partition
above
1024.  The problem really is booting from a partition above that limit.

I really think his problem has to do with the udma66 drive.  I am also
unable to set up a boot partition on a udma66 drive, but I can put a
boot partition on another drive and then the rest of the "stuff" on the
udma drive.

I would recommend going to the WD site and reviewing all the info they
have
there on the subject and perhaps look every where possible for more
info..

Brian in Fremont