I recently had a system crash. I was able to put the filesystem back
together with fsck, but now I have the problem of not being able to
start the xserver for any of my users except root. I get the following
error message each time I try to start x.

Authentication failed
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
giving up
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to Xserver
xinit: no such process (errno 3): Server error

I even get this error if I try to make a new user and run X.
I would appreciate any and all help with this problem TIA

Lyndon Lininger Sr.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]