"Miguel Prestol" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       MIME Type: multipart/alternative
Hi.<br><br>I have a HSP 56 Modem PCI, and when I try to configure it on linux,
it doesn't recognize the modem on any TTYS* port, windows autodetects it. It
has been pre-configured to work on COM 4.<br><br>I would like to know if there
is a way to do an autodetect modem(s) or something... I tried to configure it
to TTYS3 that should be Com 4 I guess...<br><br>And it didn't worked... I
don't know what can I do...<br>help me... thanks.<br>
As a PCI modem, there's a good chance it is a winmodem, in which case it will
not be recognized even on the correct ttySx.

Michael Scottaline
COL 2.2   Linux 2.2.5
It's a fresh wind that Blows Against the Empire

http://webmail.netscape.com.