On Sat, 04 Sep 1999, you wrote:

> Hi. I have a HSP 56 Modem PCI, and when I try to configure it on
linux, > it doesn't recognize the modem on any TTYS* port, windows
autodetects it. It > has been pre-configured to work on COM
4.<br><br>I would like to know if there > is a way to do an
autodetect modem(s) or something... I tried to configure it > to
TTYS3 that should be Com 4 I guess...<br><br>And it didn't worked...
I > don't know what can I do...<br>help me... thanks.<br> >
> As a PCI modem, there's a good chance it is
> a winmodem, in which case it will > not be recognized even on the
> correct ttySx. >

HSP == WinModem (although WinModem is TM US Robotics, "softmodem"
would be a better term! <G>)
        John