On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 23:57:12 +1000 (EST), "ben harker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> i have 2 harddrives
> 1.2G
> and
> 540M
>
> i wan wondering if i could set up the 540M
> as the swap file harddrive.
> because if i install linux on the 1.2G
> i get about 530M of space to install stuff to.
> i really need some extra space.
> or is there any other way to utilize the
> 540M HDD to clear some space on the 1.2G?

The space on your hard drives are far too small to make a multiple-partition
setup practicable. I think the best thing is to do as you have planned and use
the 540MB drive as a dedicated swap drive. With the 1.2GB drive, make a single
GNU/Linux partition (or one for / and one for /boot). Make sure that each drive
is on a different IDE channel. Having two drives on the same channel can
severely cripple performance.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

                        "Attachements are evil."