Title: RE: [newbie] eth0 - eth1 problems

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Steve Mendizabal
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 10:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] eth0 - eth1 problems

Hello listers, just joined, just installed and hopefully won't get too many
RTFM responses:

On init these show as failed and its taking a long time to boot up. 1-2 min
eth0 & eth1
Now I believe these to be my ethernet cards. Any reason why they would be
failing? Also I cant get my DSL to work either. I know the 2 are related but
where to start to find the answer?

Mandrake 8.2 DL version
10G partition
1Gig swap
Dell 8200
128MB ram

ethernet cards:
Kingston EtherRx KNE111TX PCI Fast Ethernet
CNet PRO200WL PCI Fast Ethernet
(is there anyway to know which is which IE; eth0, eth1?)

1 partridge
1 peartree

Steve Mendizabal
Multimedia Engineer

Are you using ML8.1 or 8.2, if so it would appear that the ethernet cards are not initialized.  Try from a command line "ifup eth0" and "ifup eth1" and see if there are any messages kicked back.  You may need to go to the Mandrake control panel and select the "internet connection and connection sharing" and then run the wizard to set up the network and internet connections.HTH

Dennis M.