On Thu 27 Jun 2002 20:03, Steve Mendizabal wrote:
> I want to know why i'm getting failed eth0, failed eth1 messages at boot. I
> tried looking through the docs but found nothing. Any help or gentle push
> would be greatly appreciated.

well here's some gentle pushing:

Go to a commandline by opening a terminal (or hitting
<ctrl><alt><f1...upto..f6> )
to scroll up or down the output and find what's being stated about eth0 and
eth1.
And/or type: "less /var/log/syslog" (without ") and look for information
there.
If you're still clueless after that, come back and tell us what eth1 and eth0
are supposed to be doing on your PC/network and what error messages were
there.

Don't take it harshly, just trying to push you into a little 'selfhelp' ;o)

Good luck,

Harm.