It seems that everyone likes Star Office and I am the odd one out that have
a problem with Star Office.

I have downloaded Staroffice 5.1 from the net and have installed it
sucessfully
onto my PCs running Linux Mandrake 6.0 and Redhat 6.0.

However, after the installation,  all other components of the Linux, eg.
Console,
X windows, games can no longer be launched.  Upon frastration, I power
down
the machine and switched it back on again in the hope of some magical
remedy, only
to find my Linux hang up at booting stage.

I suspect that Staroffice has overwritten or modified some of my
essancial files during
installation. I would appreciate if anyone can help.

regards
michael