On Sunday 30 June 2002 09:05 pm, you wrote:
> I finally purchased and installed a Belkin F6C525-SER UPS. (The SER
> means that it can communicate to the box via a serial connection -- in

Same one I have, works great.

> my case, ttyS0/COM1). My next step is to install software that will
> shut my 8.2 system down when the power dies. Belkin offers Linux
> software to do this for various distributions. Sadly, Mandrake is not
> one of them, so I'll probably try Belkin's Redhat 7.2 stuff, but I'd
> like to hear from someone who has been down this road about pitfalls,
> alternative software. Really Good News is also acceptable.
> -- cmg

I don't recall there being specific versions of the software when I
installed mine. IIRC there was a single "Unix" version, which included
binaries for Solaris and Linux x86. It worked fine, all I needed to do,
was to tweak the startup script a bit.

--
Alex / KC2IVL
http://www.qsl.net/kc2ivl