I have upgraded  LM8.1  to  8.2  twice, once  leaving  StarOffice 5.2
in place
and once  after uninstalling 5.2.  In the first case,  SO  Writer  would
load
and function for a while -- and suddenly disappear completely.

I suspected 5.2 had caused a problem, and tried an upgrade on another
insallation (8.1 to 8.2)   Now  SO 6.0 seemed  to be  running okay,  but

when I try to save a file  I get this notice:

        StarOffice 6.0

Error saving the document  Untitled1:
Wrong parameters
The operation was startted under an invalid parameter.

Also, trying to run setup.  it starts to load, and the icon hourglass
runs, and then  it also disappears.

An help will be greatly appreciated.

Bob