On Tue, 07 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> Hi all,

> I was wanting to upgrade Netscape but they have 2 versions at
> Download.com (glibc2 & libc5). Which one should I use? or should I get
> it from someplace else?

IIRC, glibc2 is the one you want. However, I downloaded the
RPM version from RedHat (for my RedHat box at work.)
There's also a Mandrake RPM which will take the guesswork
out of it.... if you can't find it using the "updates"
icon, try a straight ftp to one of the Mandrake mirrors. I
just ftp'ed to ftp.linux-mandrake.com and there in the
/pub/updates/6.0/RPMS/ directory was three RPM files for
Netscape.

> My sound was not set up during setup. I haven't got the foggiest idea
> how to go about setting it up. I tried "sndconfig" at the terminal
> prompt as root but it did not detect it and it was not on the list. It
> is a Yamaha SYXG50 any help getting it working would be appreciated

Sorry..can't help you here...

> I have a Cannon BJC - 6000 Printer. During setup, I chose BJC - 4000
> (mine
> wasn't on the list). I can't get it to print anyway. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Well, that's not listed on Grant Taylor's "Printer
Compatibility List." However, both the BJC-1000 and
BJC-5000 are listed as "paperweights" (i.e. useless under
Linux) so I think it would be a  fair bet that the 6000
isn't any better. Do you still have the box it came in? See
if it says it requires Windows 95/98/NT? If so, that's the
problem...it's a "Win-Printer." You've heard of
"WinModems"? Well, there are the equivalent in printers.