On Friday 05 Jul 2002 8:54 am, you wrote:
> On Friday 05 July 2002 02:46 am, you wrote:
> > Something went wrong overnight.  I tried to start XMMS this morning, and
> > it froze.  I tried a fresh login, then a re-boot, but I'm without sound
> > again. What should I check now, please?
> >
> > Anne
>
> Hi Anne, I am going to be out of town until Monday, but I suggest you try
> everything you had before this morning to see if it works again. Try
> changing to autodetect, ALSA, and OSS and just play around with things
> until they work. I'll be back Monday!
>
> John Drouhard

I'm beginning to wonder if there is a power-saving problem cutting in here.
I have a suspicion that I find it silent after I have been away from my desk
for a while.  The monitor closes down, and it is quite possible that there is
some other power management goin on.  I'm going to try to find out what is
happening on these lines, just in case.  If I can I'll switch anything like
that off and see if it makes a difference.

Anne