On Friday 05 July 2002 08:06 pm, you wrote:
> Dennis Myers wrote:
> > On Thursday 04 July 2002 05:01 pm, you wrote:
> >
> > Not wanting to throw a monkey wrench into anything but for those with a
> > SBLive! like I have, I discovered that if you do not load the "alsa
> > player" and the associated "alsautils" during the actual installation of
> > the OS, then sound works fine in all cd players and midi drivers are
> > listed.  Don't know why that is, but it is. (now there were two very bad
> > sentences, hope they are understandable).  For what it is worth it may
> > solve somebody elses' sound problems.
>
> I found I can't NOT install alsa when I load KDE iirc.  Is that the case?
>
> Thx.
> Femme
Not as far as I can tell.  I use the flat list always, to pick and choose
what gets into the install and those two alsa packages I alsa leave out. Ha!
Sometimes I just can't help it. Anyway, when looking at file manager >
installable they are both available to be installed, ergo they are not. And,
KDE runs just fine without them on my desktop. HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842