Thanks Dennis M, Bill, Michael and Randy Kramer for your valuable suggestions about books and links for newbies. ( list is summarised below).

Fortunatelly, we can count on this list.

Best regards.

Filipe Dutra
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Sam's Teach yourself Linux-Mandrake"
"Running Linux" by O'Reilly publishing.
 “Linux: The complete reference" from Osborne.
Online suggestions.
http://rute.sourceforge.net/
http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/index.html
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/