Title: RE: [newbie] Connection Sharing - best hardware

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Azrael
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 6:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Connection Sharing - best hardware

Running Mdk8.2 and want to set up connection sharing so I can use adsl
from laptop via my desktop.

Laptop is running windows98.

Wondering what hardware would be best to get for the linux desktop.

eg: would http://web6.scan.co.uk/Products/Info.asp?WPID=1791 be suitable?

Any other advice?

--
                   Azrael

            ("\''/").___..--'''"-._

Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of
the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with a cat it
would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.

ICQ#52944566

Hi, the nic card looks good, actually I have a full spread of NICs on my LAN from the $9.95 cheapo to a best of breed 3com, so linux will use just about any decent card. The thing that you will need to get the network to function is a hub or switch or a crossover cable to connect the two computers. Just thought I would mention these since you didn't say what you had.HTH

Dennis M.