> and onboard video. Everything worked right away including the the network
> card, except for some sound. I can play a music CD with no problem and here

Marcia - hey great that you got a new computer :). It's faster than
mine :(.

Anyway, if xmms doesn't work maybe the kde media player, or playing
a sound file in konqueror itself, might work. I don't remember ever
having an issue with arts conflicts here - my current sound card is
a sb live 5.1, and before that I had a Mozart iSA card, which worked
fairly well most of the time (for a while I used OSS sound drivers).

I think you have to type 'artswrapper xmms' but not having to need that
myself, I haven't had to figure that out.