well, i decided to go ahead and install Mandrake8.2 ..   on several
computers..  just for the hell of it.

(what can i say.  its been a slow week)

Anyway.   My main problem is NO SOUND.
none, what so ever.   Nada.   Zip.

(that and everything connected to my southbridge... not being recognised)

the machine is multi-booting win98/XP/Mandrake ..   98 likes my sound card.
Win XP likes it.    however ML8.2 doesnt want to know

The sound card is a Creative Audigy platinum...     (if anyone could give me
ANY help in getting ANY sound out of this, i'd apreciate it.

The rest of the system is...

AMD athlon 2100XP+ (overclocked to 2100)
ASUS A7V333 (wiht only a few overclocked features...  mainly to the Core
voltage, and Memory voltage)
512mb of PC2700 Cas2, runnning at 1:1 cas/Ras latency (as oppesed to 4:5)
Asus Geforce 4 4400 (not over clocked..  but only because it wont go more than
2.5% faster)
realtec 8139 10/100 NIC (which didnt work orignially, but i've sorted that out
now)
External 33.6 hard modem ...
internal K56Flex modem ..   which sadly is a win modem, and the Drivers from
Conexant dont like it...
Maxtor 7200rpm 8mb cache 120Gig hdd.  (lots of partioning here...)

Anyone else have problems with similar equipment...

Any ideas at all would be nice.

anything,

please...