Hello all

I am currently running Mandrake 8.2 on a single PC with an adsl internet
connection. The internet connection is via ethernet to an adsl router.

I've been pretty overwhelmed by the amount of information available on
making my internet connection secure. So far, I have ensured that only
essential services are running and I have set up Bastille-firewall using
its interactive configuration. But I am still not confident that I have
done enough or even whether that which I have done is effective.

I would therefore be grateful to hear any opinions on how I can best make
my system as secure as it needs to be,

thanks
Ross