Frank McKenna wrote:

>Thanks Civileme,
>
>Here is my fstab:
>
>/dev/hda1 / ext1 defaults 1 1
>none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
>none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
>/dev/hdd /mnt/cd rom auto auto
>user,isocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,ro,n
>oauto 0 0
>/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto
>user,isocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=85
>0,noauto 0 0
>none /proc proc defaults 0 0
>/dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
>
>How would I lose autofs?
>
>Thanks

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

urpme autofs

in a terminal as root

hmm the /dev/hdd entrey as written, with a space between cd and rom,
will definitely NOT work ever.

what about

dmesg | grep hd

I need to see where the devices are and how many you have..

That print out just doesn't look right; there is no ext1 filesystem
available to you.  Try again.  This time, HIGHLIGHT the output in a
terminal window with your mouse and paste it to a text editor(or your
mailer) with a middle-click, then send that.

Civileme