On 16 Jul 2002, Chuck Stuettgen wrote:

> I am posting this message so to let others know there is a solution
> available for those who have to deal with ISP's that are run by
> brain-dead morons.

  I had a similar experience.  The cable company I'm using for broadband
(for reasons I won't go into here) apparently has their mail server
misconfigured in a way that makes it impossible for Linux-based machines
to download email.  I tried fetchmail and every mail client I could think
of.  Calls to tech support were met by, "We don't support Linux."  So I
continued to use my old provider (evansville.net) for email, and use the
cable company for the connection.

Dale Huckeby