On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:55:30 -0700
Josef Lowder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How can I add or append additional files to a CD-R onto which I have
> already recorded or "burned" just a few files?

I don't think you can write more than once to a CD-R. A CD-RW you can, but
I have yet to try this in Linux.

> After reading volumes of messages on this list, plus the recommend HOWTO
> on this subject, I finally figured out how to burn a CD under Mandrake
> 8.1.  It's regrettable that there seem to be so many extra hoops that
> Linux users have to jump through to get some of these very basic tasks
> to work.
>
> I still do not have either xcdroast or Gcombust working because they
> each require nuisance configuration steps.  But I prefer command line
> operations, anyway . . . once I can finally get the correct syntax
> worked out.

<snip>

> Thanks, Tom.

I prefer the command line for burning, too. The biggest help to me was:

http://www.linuxdocs.org/sln/cdcommands/

See also the man pages for cdrecord and mkisofs

HTH,
Todd

--
Todd Slater
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who