On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:57, Damian G wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:53:21 -0400
>
> Todd Slater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:55:30 -0700
> >
> > Josef Lowder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > How can I add or append additional files to a CD-R onto which I have
> > > already recorded or "burned" just a few files?
> >
> > I don't think you can write more than once to a CD-R. A CD-RW you can,
> > but I have yet to try this in Linux.
>
> actually, if the "session" has been closed. the data is "fixated" and
> no further writing is possible. OTOH if it's a multisession CD or if the
> disk session was not fixated after the writing, a swift read of
> man cdrecord
> will tell you the specifics on adding data to the CD.

I use eroaster (gui) which is VERY easy to configure - its mostly done for
you.  I may be mistaken but IIRC, if you don't fixate the cd then you can't
read the data until it has been fixated.

After I click "Burn CD" I just select "CD-R", "fixate CD when done" and
"multisession CD".  Then I can read the data immediately and then add more
data to the same cd.

(Also if IIRC) the only thing to watch is that this method uses something
like 30 MB (not sure if this figure is correct) in between burn sessions to
record each session but I don't mind that.

I've never had a coaster (yet) and I burn cdrw @ 4x, cdr @ 8x - except music
cds @ 4x on a 10x HP 9310i burner

Please correct me If this info is wrong.

Cheers
Sharrea
--
oxymoron:  Microsoft Works