Charles A Edwards wrote:

> Personally I also like PM.
>
> I always begin with a bare drive and boot the system with the PM boot
> disk.
> I then create however many partitions that I want, normally I will
> create all as fat32.
> Install 2k, you can select to which partition you wish it to install and
> also format it as NTFS.
>
> Install linux, using diskdrake only to format my already created
> partitions.
>
> But as said you do not have to have PM.
> Boot your linux disk and use diskdrake to create all you partitions
> remembering to create at least 1 fat32 for 2k.
> Complete the formatting then exit the linux installation and install 2k
> then install linux.
> I still do not 'trust' diskdrake to handle NTFS which is why I would do
> the above.
> If you are going to install 2k as fat32 then you can simply install 2k
> and use diskdrake to resize it and create your linux partitions during
> the mandrake install.
>
> The #1 most important thing about partitioning is that once you have
> used 1 program to partition a drive NEVER use a second program to change
> those partitions or you will end up royally f___ing up your partition
> table.
>
>     Charles

there seems to be a miscommunication on this list.  PM1x-7 does a fine
job with EXT2 partitions.  Now someone else said they do/don't support
linux communities.  I tend to say No they don't!  And I'll scream that
at the top of my lungs till i'm blue in the face.  Why?!  Because add
ANY partition that is NOT Ext2 it WILL read that whole drive as BAD!
So...you tell me?  Is that worth the aggravation?  I think not if you
want to use journalling FS'es.  Oh & if you think EXT3 will work, think
again.
--
Femme

Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert