On Thursday July 25 2002 04:27 am, John Richard Smith wrote:
> OK, so I now have a screen resolution that compares with the
> windblows screen resolution using geforce3 video card.

> Seems like it doesn't like something,so I reran the tar ball install,
> just to see whether it would pickup on some screen changes, and alter
> something.
> these install scripts are long so I've cut it back to the minimum ,
> and I may of lost something , but here is the make , make install,

    When recompiling source you've already used before, delete
'config.h' and run ./configure again, then make......

    Two suggestions, use the latest CVS tarball, and join the mplayer
mailing list.  I use mplayer (tho I'm beginning to prefer xine), latest
CVS, Gef2, XFree 'nv' driver, 1024/768/24. No problems, other than
mplayer barfs on some .mov's, .avi's, and mpg's that xine plays just
fine (I've got 15 CD's full of 'em).