I wanted to reinstall mjpegtools..For this jpeg-mmx and libmovtar needs to be
installed first.
As a pre-requisite, I was configuring  libmovtar after compiling jpeg-mmx as
[root@localhost libmovtar-0.1.3]# ./configure --with-jpeg-mmx=/root/jpeg-mmx
All went ok but for sdl. For SDL I got

checking for sdl-config... /usr/bin/sdl-config
checking for sdl-config... (cached) /usr/bin/sdl-config
checking for SDL - version >= 1.1.3... no
*** Could not run SDL test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means SDL was incorrectly installed
*** or that you have moved SDL since it was installed. In the latter case, you
*** may want to edit the sdl-config script: /usr/bin/sdl-config
I have following SDL files installed
[root@localhost libmovtar-0.1.3]# rpm -qa | grep SDL
libSDL_net1.2-1.2.3-1mdk
libSDL_image1.2-devel-1.2.1-1mdk
libSDL_image1.2-1.2.1-1mdk
libSDL_ttf2.0-devel-2.0.4-1mdk
libSDL_net1.2-devel-1.2.3-1mdk
SDL_mixer-player-1.2.1-1mdk
libSDLmm0.1-0.1.8-1mdk
libSDL_ttf2.0-2.0.4-1mdk
libSDL_mixer1.2-devel-1.2.1-1mdk
libSDL_image1.2-test-1.2.1-1mdk
libSDL1.2-1.2.3-6mdk
libSDL_mixer1.2-1.2.1-1mdk
libSDL1.2-devel-1.2.3-6mdk
libSDL_ttf2.0-test-2.0.4-1mdk
libSDLmm0.1-devel-0.1.8-1mdk
original /usr/bin/sdl-config gives output for usage info.
[root@localhost libmovtar-0.1.3]# /usr/bin/sdl-config
Usage: sdl-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--version] [--libs]
[--cflags]
After seeing above comment, I renamed sdl-config to sdl-configv. Then I made a
script file calling  /usr/bin/sdl-configv --version.
I got
[root@localhost libmovtar-0.1.3]# /usr/bin/sdl-config
1.2.3
What to do to get SDL recognised?

--
L.V.Gandhi
203, Soundaryalahari Apartments, Lawsons Bay colony, Visakhapatnam, 530017