On Tuesday 30 July 2002 09:06 am, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 July 2002 02:00 am, Kenneth wrote:
> > I recommend not dual booting XP and Mandrake.. You have to remember
> > Microsoft is not too friendly.. I had a hard enough time with Windows
> > ME and Mandrake 8.2
>
> In the case of Mandrake 8.1, I am dual booting with XP with no problems
> at all. Setting it up was as easy as can be when installing Mandrake. I
> have two separate drives, one for Mandrake and one for XP.

> Powered by Mandrake Linux 8.1
> KDE 2.2.1    KMail 1.3.1
>
> Bryan S. Tyson
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm still confused on the same point:
Some people talk about copying the boot record (the first 512 bytes from the
linux partition) and copying it to the windows partition.  Other people seem
to be saying that linux will "sort out the booting" and never mention copying
the boot record or editing bootlaoder config files.  Which is right?
Thanks,
SW