>I'm still confused on the same point:
>Some people talk about copying the boot record (the first 512 bytes from the
>linux partition) and copying it to the windows partition.  Other people seem
>to be saying that linux will "sort out the booting" and never mention copying
>the boot record or editing bootlaoder config files.  Which is right?
>Thanks,
>SW

 I've run XP Pro and Mandrake 8.2 on the same drive with no problems. I
installed XP first by assigning it half of my drive. Then I setup 8.2 on
the other half. When I boot up the system, the bootloader (I presume to
be lilo, not grub) shows me several options. These include the various
linux types and NT. I choose NT if I want XP and it loads up as usual. :)