Charles A Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Fri, 02 Aug 2002 18:19:49 -0400
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

>> I need all of the RAM (calculations with a large stack size).
>> Can anyone help me on this? Is it necessary to recompile from scrath a
>> new kernel? Is there a easy way to do this without recompiling the
>> kernel?
>>

>896MB is the cap with the standard kernel.
>You need to use  the enterprise kernel.

Basically, you are saying that I need to compile a new kernel?
When configuring the 2.4.18 kernel that comes with LM 8.2, there is an option,
something about working with high memory. Is this the option that I must enable?

The .config file in /usr/src/linux, comes with the kernel source, or is produced after
the installation of linux in my box?

Thank you
Nuno

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the
convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/