Get yourself a cheap router.  I have a linksys BEFSR41 that I like alot.
 I've heard the dlink router is just as good and about half the price.
 These routers act as a dhcp server to your internal network and have
options for PPPOE if your service provider requires it.  They're a great
firewall and make setting up your pc's a snap too.

Good luck,

Toader