[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I,d been useing it all week but got to our local Lug,s
> meeting yesterday (were there are mostly RED HAT fan,s a
> few hanging on  to Slackware)but only a couple of us
> useing Mandrake .After the two of us talked about how we
> liked it ,they decided to do a install,.Everbody liked
> what they saw but a couple of Red Hat fan,s that were hot
> on Limbo (Red Hats beta).

not to worry...they'll come round. I've seen what Red Hat's offering and
it can't even smell what Mandrake is doing with their desktops. At the
moment the "only" thing, and I do mean ONLY thing that RedHat has over
Mandrake is their Update system. And that is just barely. The more I use
rpmdrake the more I like it and the more I like urpmi. However, I'm a
geek and a programmer and love digging and rooting around my system and
I'm not afraid if I break something I'll lose my mind trying to fix it.

 From a purely non-tech user standpoint...well I'll just say I see where
Mandrake is going and I'm extremely excited to be along for the ride
cause watching this distro grow and mature is some of the most fun I've
had with my clothes on.! ;)

--
daRcmaTTeR