Isaac Curtis writes:

> Apparently some of the software takes this
> too seriously, because when I tried using Xmms to play some mp3's, it got a
> little carried away. It's playing all my songs about 10-20% faster than
> normal, and I know it's not the files because I can play the exact same ones
> in Windows without a hitch. Any idea how to reign in my hyperactive software?

Are you reading your mp3's from an NFS-mounted filesystem? I have no idea
why, but I once had something similar happen and when I copied the files
locally, it went away. I never did resolve it. Fortunately, I only play
mp3's from one machine so now they're all local.

 --
Madness is soil in which creativity grows

              - Chris Bielek