On Tuesday 20 August 2002 06:38 am, Franki wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> My ISP just offered to upgrade to their new ADSL account type
> called Blink...

> In short, I went to the roaringpenguin site to see whats invloved
> and it says I need to compile some kernel pppoe stuff..

this probably isn't necessary with mdk as about everything available
is compiled as a module.  I never had to do it.  I connect to
bellsouth adsl using mandrake's rp now in 8.2, but in past versions
had to use roaring penguin's own.  Try mandrake's first and if it
bomb, just download from roaring penguin.

> Is there mandrake packages already available that do this or am I
> in for hassles.????

You shouldn't have any trouble.  You can try and set it up in the
mandrake control center or the usual roaring penguin commands work
too.  adsl-setup & adsl-start  as root (I think they are).  Geez,
been a long time since I messed with it (as the server is on
auto-pilot).  :D  If the commands aren't there, you might need to
install drakxtools and maybe pppoe-adsl I think it's called.  Anyway
a search in rpmdrake should tell you, and if you use mcc it will
prompt you for your cds.

Good luck and let us know.
-s