On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Fred Fraley wrote:

>       Has anyone else had a problem with the update part tripping up if they
> selected an item from the list?  One example, autoconf was checked, and I
> also checked autoconf.x.x..  It immediately tossed me an error mesage and
> took me back to the start of the update process.  Happened with several items
> several times.  So many I (thought I) had the keystrokes memorized.  (the
> following is purely my fault, the flaky fickle fingers of fred strike again.
> Well, actually the thumb.)
>
>       Eventually, I clicked the wrong button and did not update the installed
> packages.  And, as in some of the previous betas, the update utility does not
> seem to work.
>       Is there any way, short of sitting through the entire install again, to get
> the updates?
>       Does anyone know of anything significant in the updates?  I noticed there
> were quite a few items checked, including some I use.
>
>       Thank you,
>       Fred

Hi Fred,

Please keep in mind that what I'm about to say is said with the best of
intentions and no offense is meant. But, which part of bleeding edge,
_Beta_ release isnt' quite clear?

first, since it's a beta release you're guaranteed there are going to be
things that don't work. second, it IS the very bleeding edge of the cooker
release so what updated packages are you expecting to find for this?

--
daRmaTTeR

Reg. Linux User #186492
"Stupidity has no moral high ground...it can't see that high!"