On Tuesday 20 August 2002 19:52, Joseph Braddock wrote:
<snip>
> He should also be able to go into the BIOS setup and  reduce the amount of
> shared RAM for the onboard video, like, say 8MB or 16MB.  It wasn't too
> long ago that a 16MB AGP video card was state of the art!
>
> Joe
You're probably correct Joe, but some of the "value" boards don't have that
much built in flexibilty. Depends on which chipset and what BIOS is used. I
guess it's just proof that a person should identify the hardware in question
before asking questions like the one we were trying to help with. I forgot
that may be a possibility. :(

I'm still using one of those 'state of the art' video cards until I build my
new system. A Creative Riva TNT 16 MB. It wasn't bad for the time when I
bought it, but it sorta/kinda sucks now. :-)
--
Charlie
Edmonton,AB,Canada