Hi,

I like Mandrake, I use it and support it as much as I can. I mention this
to say that this is no flame mail. Nevertheless I am bothered by an article
in a computer magazine:

On http://www.mandrakesoft.com/company/investors/bsa/faq2 there is mentioned
a lot about "The importance of respecting standards". I think everybody
agrees on that.
In the computer magazine c't (http://www.heise.de/ct/) of the
2002.07.29 they compare some Linux distributions, namely Suse (8), Red Hat
(7.2), Debian (3) and Mandrake (8.2). (page 146)
About Mandrake they mention that it has _poor_ support for Linux Standard
Base (73 LSB errors of which 4 are errors in the File Hierachy Standard)
(Suse: LSB: 7, FHS: 0 / Red Hat LSB: 8 and FHS: 0).
Only Debian was worse (this is due to the fact that it installs a 2.2 Kernel
by default and had some installation issues with the really exotic hardware
they have chosen for the testing)

What causes this bad result in their compatibility tests? Did they (c't) make
a mistake?

Patrik