On Saturday 24 August 2002 10:50 pm, Mark Weaver wrote:
> O hey!!! we've got a live one. I hate this things even more then those
> damnable out-of-office autoresponders. Geez! if you're gonna run a
> personal mailserver the LEAST ya could do is NOT subscribe to any
> mailing lists fer cyrin out loud. How many of THESE are we all gonna get
> now every time DAVE gets a message from the list?

<snip>
<rant alert>
TMDA auto challenge message?

People should either whitelist their subscribed mailing list addresses, or
learn to set the damned things up before inflicting this crap on the rest of
us. It makes almost as much sense as one of those imbecilic "content"
footnotes. "If you are not the intended recipient...." yada yada and so
forth. If it's in my inbox it's because some dipstick _sent the message_ to
me; so it's the sender's freakin' problem, not mine. The wording of every one
I've seen strikes me as the product of an individual with severe intellectual
challenges operating from within an  emotional void with no reality in view.

I've been known to occasionally reply to challenges if I actually sent a
message to someone running a filter that displays this anti-social behavior;
but not on a list.

<rhetoric>
If they don't want messages from the rest of us why the hell do they
subscribe? </rhetoric>

At least whoever 'xtra' at wherever the hell it was seems not to be bouncing
messages from the list any more.
</rant>
--
Charlie