On Sunday 25 Aug 2002 2:56 am, you wrote:
> Michael Adams wrote:
> >On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 00:09, Anne Wilson wrote:
>
> >Fact 1: A quote exists "Variety is the spice of life".
> >
> >Fact 2: Some people get passionate about silly things.
> >
> >Fact 3: You will not be able to stop bottom posters posting at the bottom,
> >nor top posters posting at the top.
> >
> >So when replying to a thread if the thread has top posting, then reply
> > top; if it has bottom posting then reply at the bottom i.e. don't mix.
> >
> >If you disagree then ignore... dont buy into an ulcer.

Doesn't worry me over much, and generally I do as you suggest, but a thread
where some answers are above and some below get very difficult to follow.

> You mean some people get serious about this kind of thing?  reminds me
> of big-endians vs. little-endians.

I found it hard to believe, but I left one usenet group because the flaming
got so bad - and it was mainly about this topic!  Sad to say, the main
flamers were those who made extremely rude remarks about anyone who through
choice or necessity used windows.  I had thought that linux users were aware
of the advantage of choice.

Anne