> On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, Sean McMains wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Another odd little question. I can no longer Telnet into my Linux box, and
>> don't know why. It establishes the connection, but doesn't give any login
>> prompt (even if you whack RETURN a few times), and then disconnects about 5
>> seconds later. What's going on?
>>
>> Sean
>
> rpm -q telnet-server, says???

It says it's not installed. But as far as I can tell, telnet relies on inetd
and tcpd, both of which are there and apparently working, since FTP is
working fine, and I think it also relies on them. (This is from reading man
pages and poking around, so I may be mistaken here.)

Is there a separate telnet-server package that somehow got uninstalled?

Thanks for the help.

Sean