Axalon,

Thanks for the help! I did finally find and install the telnet-server
package, and all is well once again.

I'm not quite up on all the details of RPM yet. Do I understand the
layperson's version of what you said to be "Because it just does default
options, sometimes MandrakeUpdate will stomp on stuff you have installed
already. We're working on fixing that so it doesn't do that anymore." (Sorry
for my density -- still getting all of this Linux stuff under my belt.)

Thanks again!
Sean