On 3 Sep 2002, at 16:55, J.M. Cogels wrote:

> This will open html-pages in the program you select by default, but how
> about url's? For example, if I click on an URL from within an e-mail or
> something, it opens in the 'deafult' browser. I've been looking for this
> option too...

Under "text" in the "file association" under "Browsing" in the KDE
control center, choose "HTML" and then put the browser you want to
use at the top of the list. If "Opera" isn't offered, you can add it to the
list and then move it to the top. That makes it the default browser.

Worked for me. I click on a URL and Opera opens it.

Dennis Fowler