Hi Richard.

You said:
    "Seems I read that you have after installing, you need to su to root
    and run it the first time so it will set up files for users to
    access. I'd try it:
    open a console,
    $ su
    # mozilla or whatever it takes to get it running while logged in as
    root
    exit
    $ mozilla again to see if it helps.

    Richard.

I did that as soon as I got it installed but I don't know if it had any
effect. So I tried it again after getting your post. I can detect no
difference.

The instructions from Mozilla say that until one does the run from root
that Mozilla will not be available to anyone other than root.

I'm able to run Mozilla as a user so I guess it did, at least, do that.
However It still doesn't appear on my software list. Nor is it available
in any other way than through the file manager. If I try to run Mozilla
from the main menu or the desk top I still get version0.9.8.

Any further advice/suggestions?? is /usr/local/mosilla perhaps not an
appropriate directory for application software?

LTR